Hickory Terrain Park is just off the top of Chairlift 4!
MAKE A PLAN
- Every time you use Freestyle Terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use.
- Your speed, approach and takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing.
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP
- Before getting into freestyle terrain observe all signage and warnings
- Scope around the jumps first not over them
- Use your first run as a warm up run and to familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Be aware that the features change constantly due to weather, usage, grooming and time of day
- Do not jump blindly and use a spotter when necessary
EASY STYLE IT
- Know your limits and ski/ride within your ability level
- Look for small progression parks or features to begin with and work your way up
- Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground and in the air
- Do not attempt any features unless you have sufficient ability and experience to do so safely
- Inverted aerials increase your risk of injury and are not recommended
RESPECT GETS RESPECT
- Respect the terrain and others
- One person on a feature at a time
- Wait your turn and call your start
- Always clear the landing area quickly
- Respect all signs and stay off closed terrain and features